Since we didn't have commencement ceremonies with the school, my cute mom and family put together for me my very own graduation. It was a complete surprise- they had me wear this cap and gown that my sister-in-law kept after she graduated, and they had me walk into our family room to the traditional graduation music and all. My mom even prepared a speech for me and my sister Kariann who is a nurse gave me some good advice about things she's learned over the years. It was so nice of them to do this, and I really appreciate all the support they've given me. Thanks guys I love you!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Graduation
I've officially completed nursing school! I finished this August from Weber State's accelerated RN program. It feels so nice to have it done, it was definitely a challenging and busy year but I'm so glad that I did it that way! Because my last semester was in the summer, commencement ceremonies weren't held for us graduates, so we're allowed to "walk" at the end of this fall semester if we want to for graduation. In fact, there wasn't really any type of celebration held for us 29 students so we decided to have our own party after we all finished finals! It was a lot of fun, us students and our spouses/families met out at Barnes Park in Kaysville and had a big barbeque and played volleyball. It was sad to think that it was the last time that I'll see a lot of my classmates, we all became so close after being together almost five days a week for an entire year. I made some really good friends that I'll definitely never forget!

I had to put this picture in below as well- we went to Evanston this summer for our 2 day psych rotations in the Wyoming State Hospital. These we are the girls I was closest with, we were all so crazy around each other it was a blast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
so cute your mom and family seriously is so cute and so creative! I'm sorry, i'm a deadbeat friend, I know you told me like a kajillion times when you took your boards and everything but i just spaced, congrats! I'm so excited for you, I hope you find a RN job asap, that is so great, totally jealous you are done! way to go! so proud
ReplyDeleteLove you!
How fun! You mom is so crafty! Cute idea!! Good luck!!! :)
ReplyDelete